There are about a million beauty tips floating around out there on the internet but that definitely doesn’t mean we should be following every single one of them. A YouTube or Instagram account does not a beauty expert make, but when working makeup artists, hairstylists, skincare gurus and beauty editors are offering up advice, you better believe we’re listening!
From secrets about how to style your hair without heat to brilliant ways to fix a broken compact case, the more beauty tips you have in your arsenal, the better you’ll be prepared to handle every situation thrown at you. Here are the things we think everyone should know.
101. “Always keep your summer makeup minimal. Minimal and sheer makeup is the way to go when it’s hot and muggy outside.” — Mary Greenwell, celebrity makeup artist
100. “The best thing to do when you go to a makeup counter is be armed with what it is you want to do.”— Raychel Wade, founder of Cheek to Chic and La Prairie’s colour ambassador
99. Use excess eye cream on cuticles. The more you hydrate your cuticles, the stronger your nails will be.
98. For smudge-proof eye makeup, take blotting tissue to remove any oil or any excess makeup from the eye area. Then, apply a small dab of cream concealer to hold things in place.
97. “A good perfume should consist of balanced blend of notes arranged in a way that creates harmonious accord.”— Alexis Bergman, P&G’s Global Flavor and Fragrance Trends
96. To prevent hair color from fading in the summer months, use a conditioning treatment weekly or bi-monthly.
95. Breakout before a big event? “Take oral cortisone a few days before the event to clear your skin.”— Ava Shamban, dermatologist and author of Heal Your Skin.
94. “In order to keep eyeliner from running and smearing, opt for liner formulas that offer stayproof wearability.”— Robin Schoen, Urban Decay Makeup Artist