Don’t take your feet for granted. Treat them to a proper pedicure, with the right regime using the right products and tools, experts suggest. Sharad Kulkarni, in-house ayurvedic doctor at Kama Ayurveda, and Shikhee Agrawal, head trainer at The Body Shop India, have listed the regime:
* File your toe nails well. Go bold with proper, neat and trimmed nails to attain all-out foot- care. File them nicely.
* Go for consistent pedicures as it helps get rid of dead and hard heel skin. Use a foot file, or a pumice stone to gently rub away the hard skin and apply quick moisturiser to soften the skin.
* Nourish the cuticles. Rub off dead skin growth from the corner of the nails and paint them up using an almond or coconut oil for proper nourishment and moisturised feet. Here are some pedicure-manicure dos and don’ts.
* Keep nail lacquers at bay. Let your nails breathe from time to time. This can help fade
discoloration, with just the white one.
* Use a powerful detoxifier like Himalayan pink salt and dissolve it in water. It draws out toxins from the adipose tissues, resulting in the body feeling lighter and more energised. It also further reduces muscle soreness and cramps.