Almost all of us wish to have a clear and glowing skin. To achieve the same, it is of utmost importance to take care of the skin in the best possible manner. However, that does not mean that you’d have to spend extra bucks on beauty treatments. You can now get a radiant skin and fight skin problems at the same time using a very basic kitchen ingredient- urad dal. Urad dal is also known as black gram or black lentils. It packs a host of health benefits that can help in improving the skin’s texture. It can do wonders for your skin as it is packed with minerals that make your skin look soft and supple. You can reap the benefits of urad dal in the comforts of your home by using these home remedies. Read on to know more about them.
Here are some ways to include urad dal in your beauty regime.
1. Exfoliates Your Skin
Urad dal can be a very effective scrub in removing dirt, stains and dead skin cells from the skin.
How To Use:
- Soak half a cup of urad dal overnight and grind it to paste in the morning.
- Add 2 tbsp. of milk and 2 tbsp. of ghee or melted butter to the paste and mix them well.
- Apply the paste on your face and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Follow this routine three times a week to remove dead skin cells.
2. Treats Acne
Urad dal has natural antiseptic properties that help kill acne causing bacteria. It removes the excess oil from the skin and clears the pores, which helps in treating acne problems.
How To Use:
- Soak half a cup of urad dal overnight and make a paste of it in the morning
- Add 2 tbsp. of rose water and 1 tbsp. of glycerin to the paste.
- Add 2 tbsp. of almond oil to the mixture and make a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste on your face and let it dry for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash it with cold water.
- Apply this every alternate day to see the difference.