You know winter is coming when your skin starts feeling dry and flaky. As the air gets chilly it gets worse for people with already dry skin as they may experience patchiness, flakiness and itchiness resulting in dull, uneven looking skin. An extra dose of moisturisation is always a good idea to keep your skin healthy and hydrated. Here are some easy DIY face masks that will help provide TLC to your skin and keep the winter discomfort at bay.
Coconut oil and honey
Coconut oil and honey both have moisturising, antimicrobial, and restorative properties, which makes this face mask incredibly nourishing for skin.
1. Mix equal parts of coconut oil and honey (1 tbsp each).
2. Apply evenly on your face, neck and hands.
3. Let it sit for 20-30 minutes.
4. Wash off with water and pat dry to reveal hydrated skin.
Ripe banana and honey
Prepare a nourishing face mask using banana and honey that moisturises your skin leaving and leaves it softer. Both banana and honey are natural moisturisers and provide instant goodness for the skin.
1. Mash up a ripe banana and add 2 tbsp of honey.
2. Blend into a smooth paste.
3. Let it stay on the skin for 20-25 minutes and rinse with cold water.